Sunday, March 29, 2009

Final Week Blog

In Falling Leaves by Adeline Yen Mah, a little girl, distant from the rest of her family grows into a woman. When I finished this book, I felt really sad. Adeline had gone through so much, and she did so without even breaking down, a feat that many could not achieve. She was abused by her brothers and her mother. She had to deal with early deaths of her family, dealing with financial problems once her father died. And much much more. I felt like Adeline was a very strong person. I personally would not have dealt with these kind of things as well as she did. This book was quite an eye opener, I finally realized how hard other people's lives could be and how important doing the right thing is. I highly recommend this book to others if they can take reading a boring first quarter of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment